The Association of Career Firms Europe (ACF Europe) was founded in 1996 to bring together and represent the interests of the European outplacement industry. It is a non-profit organisation representing more than 100 firms in the career management industry throughout Europe. ACF Europe has developed into an influential trade organisation with a strong link to the European Union. We are focused on achieving more awareness throughout Europe on how effective outplacement can be during transition and change.
ACF Europe meets the interests and needs of professional organisations operating in the fields of outplacement, coaching, and related activities. It is an active platform for both potential client companies as well as individuals, seeking answers to questions they might have related to career management and coaching.
The mission of ACF Europe is to:
- strengthen the positioning of the industry in the political circles
- assist national chapters in their PR work
- help possible customers to find the right provider
- develop the outplacement industry in emerging markets
- promote quality standards in the industry
- The importance of the voice of the industry for those not represented
- Supporting quality providers in a changing supply chain.
- We act as a lobbying body for the industry
- We contribute to social change in the areas of Career Management and Career Transition
- We influence and will be present at networks where we have not been yet.
- We run a customer surveys to regularly understand what is of importance for them.
- We run individual interest surveys both independently and partner bodies on key topics.
- We establish a global capacity positioning paper. What is the leading thinking?
- We establish a quality charter according to ACF and how is it measured.
- We provide a strategy for promotion and referral globally.
- We relentlessly champion and promote the often life changing value of the industry we serve.
Regarding the membership: The ACF Europe’s strategy is to strengthen the building of national chapters. Where national chapters exist and are members of ACF, then membership of ACF will only be available to organisations via the country chapter. The Board members of the ACF are members of local chapters and create a strong communications channel between them, ensuring that best practise is shared and that the needs of local members are understood.